This is a Controls position within the Artificial Lift Engineering group with the responsibility of contract execution of drive and electrical systems equipment (i.e. Advantage, Vector Plus, Rodlift controls or equivalent industrial drives, Medium and Low voltage transformers, Harmonic filters and PLC devices).Essential Responsibilities:
The ideal person for this position should be capable to provide solutions to customers by "customizing" Drive controls understanding the interaction and connectivity between internal & external components, knowing about BOM, etc.
This position requires knowledge in Drive Controls and related auxiliary equipment (i.e. Advantage and Vector Plus or equivalent industrial drives, Medium and Low voltage transformers, Harmonic filters and PLC devices). The candidate should be familiar with variable speed/frequency drives, their application, design and controls. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Demonstrated design, practical and technical knowledge of drive design and controls.
- Review and comment on customer specifications.
- Perform custom design, order and approve the above-mentioned equipment for customer projects.
- Support customer meetings, manufacturing, suppliers and installation of above-mentioned equipment.
- Support product and process standardization, product structuring, redesign, and cost savings ideas.
- Work to a strict schedule to meet contract requirements.
- Commit to and meet on-time performance targets of internal engineering and customer deliverables.
- Support electrical equipment structuring initiative, through developing design practices that improve product quality.
- Lead equipment discussions at customer meetings, both domestic and globally.
- Champion and support cost savings initiatives through leadership in technology advancement and standardization.
- Be responsible for strategy of how to handle risk and disposition of customer, factory or field issues.
- Interpret and implement contract requirements and design practices.
- Stay current with international, regional and local codes, standards, tools and processes.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethics, takes ownership and accountability of work output.
- Implement product safety, quality, and design policies.
- Ability to make quick technical decisions with limited data.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD, Solidworks), standards and design processes.
- Preferred but not required: Ability to perform power system studies, analysis and short circuit calculations.
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or related field,
or Professional Engineer license,
or 10+ years experience in related field with Associates degree.
- Strong Customer mindset
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Active in drive design work
- At least 10 years of engineering experience in a drive and controls related equipment
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage equipment, electrical packaging, panel layout and design
- Proven track record of accountability, ownership and sense of urgency
- Proven roubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skillsLocation:
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more