Identify, develop, evaluate, present & support engineering projects, rejection reports & improvements to meet near term & long-range quality requirements for engineering/manufacturing. Lead & provide Technical direction to several projects. Remain current & be a leader in technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product re-engineering, quality, performance, cost improvements & problems resolution. Support int & ext customers/suppliers as required.Essential Responsibilities:
Provide mechanical design support and expertise to ESP Systems Group (Motors) under the guidance and instruction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Support the continuous improvement of the mechanical aspects of existing completion equipment and downhole telemetry systems by;
- Working with engineering and operational colleagues to assess potential improvements driven by client feedback and feedback from the field
- Implementing design changes as required
- Demonstrating the suitability and robustness of design changes via calculation and analysis
- Demonstrating changes implemented are in accordance with relevant codes of practice (where applicable)
- Production of design reports
Support the production department where required.
Support BH new product development with guidance from the Mechanical Engineering Manager by;
- Production of mechanical / structural componentry design, including relevant calculations / assessment to codes of practice, in support of the new development / telemetry systems
- Production of conceptual designs for new completion equipment and downhole tools
- Develop and optimise conceptual designs through simulation
- Produce prototype designs and support manufacture
- Production of design reports
- Produce test plans and coordinate new product testing
- Production of test reports
- Coordinate commercialization of completed designs
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical degree (Mechatronics, Electronic, etc) with equivalent experience.
- 5 - 8+ years' experience working in a similar role (Experience including the design of oilfield (preferably downhole) equipment is a plus).
- Good understanding of mechanical / structural analytical and numerical design techniques
- Good understanding of basic fluid mechanics and pipeline hydraulics
- Conversant with Solidworks/NX modelling software
- English Level for fluent Communication.
- Good understanding of electrical machines.
- Self-driven with a positive attitude to new challenges. Comfortable working alone and within teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English Level for fluent communication.
- Conversant with the Ansys suite of simulation software including Mechanical and Fluent
- Experience in the design of: Motors/generators, rotative machines, etc.
- An understanding of the various artificial lift techniques employed in the recovery of hydrocarbons worldwide
- Awareness of relevant codes / standards, for example: API 11B, NACE MR0175 / 0176, ASME Y14.5, ASME VIII, ASME BTH1 etc.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more