At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Production Control Lead will lead the team of Production Controllers assigned to a manufacturing cell and will be responsible for creating and implementing a short-term manufacturing plan; working closely with the Supply chain and engineering and sourcing function, developing a short-term planning strategy and maintaining data within the ERP system.Essential Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for the manufacturing cell, with the experience or expertise to solve problems & develop/execute objectives for self and others.
- Be responsible for short-term planning and on-time delivery of parts and assemblies.
- Lead the Green Work Order Launch process at the plant/cell level based on Engineering, tooling, capacity, resources and materials availability
- Release purchase order requisitions and work orders in order to meet on-time delivery with the lowest level of inventory.
- Supervise placing, management, and processing of all work orders to fulfill customer requirements.
- Analyse data in order to constantly update pull in and push out for purchased item.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling activities for assigned commodity utilizing advanced planning tools to model simulate, and release optimized material plans to the organization.
- Identify all critical materials shortages, monitor the implementation of corrective actions plans, control inventory levels of hardware, and coordinate the disposition of obsolete, non-conforming, and excess hardware.
- Assure timely release of material requirements, and monitor status of Request for Material / Change in Procurement Instruction through evaluation of stock out requirements and critical parts lists
- Work closely with sourcing buyer(s) counterpart to ensure timely information flow & overall GSCM objectives are understood and met.
- Work closely with Sourcing to drive Vendor OTD and recovery action plan
- Be proactive to propose new suppliers/sources requirements as necessary to reduce manufacturing risk and increase OTD.
- Responsible for inventory management for assigned parts and processes required to ensure material input to support customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished.
- Investigate and understand inventory profile, reporting out on status and on-going actions to mitigate inventory increases.
- Review unallocated inventory and utilize where possible by approved substitution or alternate use.
- Develop and implement inventory programs including surplus reduction and supplier stocking programs
- Manage inventories to eliminate and prevent excess and inactive material
- Evaluate impact of Engineering Change Order and take consequent actions.
- Expedite on Engineering in order to get documentation on time to issue routings.
- Analyse Cell workload and develop level loading actions such as farm out or alternative resources.
- Drive key business metrics such as on-time delivery, MRP Due date and Commit date alignments, Workload, and actions plan to meet business quarter target.
- Apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and resource utilization using advanced planning tools.
- Interface with Demand Management, Shop Scheduling, production team, configuration control, and all sources of supply, customer service reps, and other organizations as required.
- Identify and drive system improvements to support productivity and lean manufacturing improvements.
- Support and expand on all opportunities to drive improvements in inventory, fulfilment, cycle time, capacity management, and growth
- Enhance actual planning tools (Oracle, Cyberplan...) and processes to manage critical milestones for each supply chain to ensure 100%.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment or a fast paced industrial planning or production control role & Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more