Targa is currently seeking a Pipeline/ Line Locator Technician for their facility located in Watford City, ND. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Answering one calls and Emergency one calls
- Line crossings
- Replacing or installing line markers
- Line patrol responding to pipeline emergencies
- Assisting with the area compressor station operations
- Gain knowledge of all Targa field safety policies i.e. pipeline repairs, ditch shoring, etc.
- Maintain accurate reports and data for DOT compliance
- Oversee third party contractors on a daily basis
- Participate and inspect on new construction of pipeline and well connects
- Participate in pigging operations; load and launch pigs, track and receive pigs and compressor station operations during pigging procedures.
- Perform pipeline locates and monitor work of contractors and pipeline companies working around Targa pipelines and right-of-ways
- Perform record keeping and reporting requirements i.e. MAXIMO â€" leak repairs, etc.
- Perform valve maintenance on assign area of the system
- Responsible for overall operation of field gathering and pipeline systems
- The Pipeline Technician will gain a solid understanding of the liquefied petroleum gas properties and crude oil properties
- This person will have a good knowledge of how to operate LEL, H2S and O2 detector and pipeline operations
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting pipeline construction and operation including local, county and state regulation, with emphasis on Federal (DOT) regulations
- Regular and reliable attendance are required
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience in gas or crude operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Use of line locating equipment
- Map reading
- Understanding of pipeline construction techniques and practices
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.