The Product Manager is responsible for product development and execution of all deliveries of assigned products. This includes design, standardization, execution according to scope of work, schedule & budget, and to lead product team performance. Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute all deliveries of assigned products.
- Manage team resource forecasting and priority in close relation with resource owners.
- Product Manager shall contribute to:
- OTR Project Manager. Input to VOR/COR cost estimate and technical assistanceRental Asset Manager, Modification, Technical solutions/clarifications and Cost estimate on new rental asset
- Aftermarket/service-organization, input to VOR/COR cost estimate and Technical assistance
- Sales & Quotation organization.
- Technical data, schedule, SMDL, product costing
- Progress/Status Reporting to project management including forecast
- Ensure that products and team services achieve high quality and performance levels.
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Compliance with project HSE Plan and Quality Plan.
- Daily interaction with project personnel
- Daily interaction with support functions
- Office based but is expected to attend meetings with manufacture and assembly & test with visits to shop floor, expected to attend vendors/customers premises for meetings. If needed possible to go offshore.
- Regular contact with customers and suppliers resolving contract, attendance at meetings, presenting information
- Proven advanced understanding of technical concepts for relevant Baker Hughes product lines
- Proven advanced understanding of technical risk for product, system and operational interface
- Proven ability to develop practical or innovative alternative approaches and give recommendations based on business and professional knowledge
- Applied knowledge of offshore operations
- Ability to integrate cross-functional perspectives into problem-solving and issue management.
- Ability to provide guidance to other employees
- Ability to identify objectives, resources and procedures of assigned projects
- Ability to make decisions with broad parameters
- Good language and communication skills in both Norwegian and English.
- Cooperation and interface management skills.
- Ability to work independent and gain progress in work
- Degree in Engineering or experience i.e. Automation / Electrical Engineering.
- Basic understanding of electronics, sensor technology and mechanics, EHS and QA.
- Min. 3 years of industrial experience
- Proven ability to deliver results
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more