The purpose of this role is to enable improvements in organisation effectiveness through the use of scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms, both structured and unstructured, similar to data mining.
Initially, the individual will be working on building mathematical models and testing these in a proof of concept environment, eventually take on the responsibility of running, maintaining and enhancing the models to facilitate the embedding of digital tools in Formulated Products Technology.Job Purpose
The role is within the FPT Modernization and Transformation team, based in Pangbourne, providing data management impacting globally.Key Accountabilities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Lead or act as subject matter expert on digital projects/initiatives
- Liaise with FPT data and systems teams to develop data management strategy for FPT
- Develop, maintain and manage FPT data models, simulation, AI, and tools
- Investigate and implement best practices for use of FPT data utilising existing and newly deployed systems
- Act as the FPT Champion for Data Management, identifying new opportunities and embedding them within day-to-day operations in FPT
- Coordinate digital communities and networks within FPT to increase the level of data sharing and collaboration
- As part of a small, centralised functional team the role required a strong bias for influencing at all levels of the organisation and across the globe to drive sustainable organisational change
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Data/Computer Science, Technology or Engineering.
- Knowledge of practical SQL with an ability extract, and refine data sets. Hands on experience with data sourcing, manipulation and enrichment.
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software and articulate the value proposition to technical and non-technical audiences,
- Proven delivery of data management projects with global scope.
- Ability to master complext systems and data sets
- Experience of influencing individuals/teams without authority.
- Ability to recognise and apply best practice to processes or ways of working
- Demonstrate collaborative approach to working
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working with a high degree of ambiguity and be resilent to challenge
- Experience with IT systems design and architecture
- Experience of leading change projects or process improvements.
- Experience working in a technology organization