At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The lead engineering/technologist will work on development and maintenance of the software platform used to collect, record, monitor and elaborate data form sensors installed on prototypes. She / he will be responsible for designing and develop software applications including web-based solutions, analytics, developing database architectures, integrating new systems with the existing proprietary software platform, integration with machine systems.Essential Responsibilities:
The person hired will be responsible for the following tasks / activities:
- Design and implement software architecture and software solutions for managing large data set of relational and no relational database.
- Develop collaboration with other partners to align and extend current software solutions boosting synergies.
- Design best practices for contemporary web applications.
- Support maintenance of the overall Innovation Engineering digital infrastructure.
- Incorporate industry standards to maximize the use of new technologies.
- Work with application owners, technical staff, and project team members to define common methodologies and standards for data flows, data maps, data usage and data governance.
- Master degree in Engineering/Physics
- IT experience in industrial and automation services / projects.
- Demonstrated experience in defining architecture and design software solutions to support the business's strategy.
- Experience in architecting, coding and scaling large and complex applications.
- Experience on relational database including Oracle and SQL Server with deep knowledge of ADO.NET, PSQL and stored procedure development.
- Ability to understand, manage and navigate large data sets.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency. Ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Problem solving attitudes.
- English fluency.
- EU work permit.
- Experience in experimental activities;
- Competences in signal analysis/processing
- Familiarity with electrical devices and measure/control loops applied to oil & gas industrial environment
- Initiative, dynamism and team work
- Sound programming skills in Labview and Matlab.
- Knowledge of Apache HADOOP.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more