At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Centrifugal Compressor Application Engineer plays an essential role in the AE Global organization. Will be responsible for developing technical solution and competitive offerings during ITO phase for turbomachinery units. Will be essential to the Global target for Equipment & Process (E&P) business. The candidate will report to the E&P AE Leader - MENAT. Will be responsible to ensure technical compliance and constancy with policy and guidelines of BH technical proposals. Will work closely with all the other AE for different product line (both regionals & COE), and will cooperate with E&P Commercial teams (Regional & COE teams) & Sales teams to maximize BH competitiveness and enhance BH technical positioning. Essential Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible to support TPS E&P New Units orders growth by generating competitive solutions for the required electrical components in the Turbomachinery offering of BH.
- Main responsibility and required area of expertise will be around Centrifugal Compressors application.
- Main activities will involve compressor selection, scope development, proposal generation, project costing and relevant follow up activities down to the successful closure on the contract and relevant transferring of the activity to the execution team.
- During the development of the main activities she/he will be working with other product line AEs (Motors, Gas Turbines & Steam Turbines), Chief AE team, Engineering and other relevant functions
- She/ He will be responsible for managing technical clarification and technical contract closure with customers
- She/ He will be responsible for co-ordination of all technical related activities including engagement of COE, Chief AE team and Engineering for a successful technical contract.
- Main activities will also involve the engagement of suppliers through BH sourcing organization to complete technical alignment of the solution.
- Should have a comprehensive background on compressor offerings landscape in terms of competitor and product line competitiveness.
- Bachelors of Engg in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical. Masters shall be preferred.
- 8 10 years of experience in the field of Turbomachinery in terms of application engineering or machinery maintenance and commissioning activities
- Good expertise on Centrifugal Compressors, auxiliary systems, costing processes
- Understanding of APIs, international codes and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to generate a positive working environment with customers' representative and other BH people part of working team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Shall have a strong focused on company process and shall have a string integrity and compliance attitude.
Dubai , United Arab Emirates