Skills: Client Representative, Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Other Skills: Social Performance
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Johor, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
Job Purpose: Manage, coordinate and execute the operationalization of Company HSE Policy on social performance into plant-level strategy, objectives, plans, guidelines, processes and procedures in order to comply with Company requirements and meet lender's expectations on management of social impact in Plant Area.
1. Lead and Execute Operationalization of Social Performance Action Plan;
- Development and review of processes, systems and procedures related to social impact management.
- Review, update and report the implementation of Supplemental Resettlement Action Plan and Livelihood Restoration Plan, Biodiversity Offset Plan, Habitat Restoration Plan and Invasive Species Control Plan.
- Review, update and report to Occupational Health team with regards to Community Health Impact Assessment, Cumulative Health Impact Assessment and Community Health Management Plan.
- Review, update and report to ERP team in developing the Community Emergency Response Preparedness program for Plant Area and Associated Facilities.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and Guidelines, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards.
2. Social Performance Monitoring and Reporting;
- Perform social performance monitoring and reporting by developing and tracking of social performance KPIs to identify any systemic issue to ensure full compliance with legal requirements, technical standards and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards.
3. Social Performance awareness and capability building;
- Lead Social Performance awareness engagements, campaigns and capability building by developing modules and conducting engagement sessions among stakeholders in Company in order to enhance stakeholders understanding on IFC Performance Standard requirements.
4. Identification of Risk and Development of Mitigation related to Social Performance;
- Lead social performance risk management by conducting, validating, reviewing related tools e.g. Social Risk Assessment (SRA) to identify social risk and evaluate the impact to the community, and the subsequent development of mitigation or preventive action as well as authorize deviation to technical standards within Limits of Authority (LOA) to minimise social impact.
5. Social Performance Assurance and Compliance;
- Lead social performance compliance in Company by developing, reviewing and updating assurance and inspection procedures and checklist to continuously identify any gaps in compliance with IFC requirements and recommend action items to close internal and external audits in order to enhance stakeholders confidence and comply with applicable legal and IFC Performance Standard requirements.
6. Lead and manage the implementation of grievance mechanism and stakeholder engagement plan by;
- Developing process and procedures for the management of workers grievances.
- Collaborating with Stakeholder Company to review, assist and update in Community Grievance Management and Stakeholder Engagement Plan at operation phase that includes details of engagement for vulnerable groups and Indigenous Peoples in order to comply with IFC Performance Standard requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Social Science or related field
- Meet Staff TP Social Performance requirement
- Minimum 10 years working experience in social impact assessment
- Good Negotiation skill
- A high level of maturity and independence
- Excellent leadership quality
- Good interpersonal skill
- Analytical and good decision making or foresight outlook.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Commits action to accomplish organizational goals
- Effectively expresses ideas and facts, in a succinct, organized manner