If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, then this role is for you. It will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of dynamic diverse team.Where you fit in?
Operations and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets. What's the role?
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead (MTL), the Pipefitter/Boilermaker Craft Team Member is a part of the Routine Maintenance Team and accountable to perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities of vessels, exchangers and piping systems. This is a field position where work is directed daily by the MTL to deliver a combined maintenance schedule. Working closely with other craft disciplines they execute repairs and perform preventative maintenance to deliver high reliability and efficient equipment care. Accountabilities
- Works safely and adheres to Shell Scotford policies, Safe Work Practices (SWPs) and Life Saving rules
- Troubleshoot and maintain cause of equipment problems and make repairs on piping systems, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, heaters and filters in conjunction with routine and preventive maintenance functions
- Provides job feedback into work orders for review
- Performs work as requested on approved work orders, follow up and sign off
- Works with Maintenance Technical Support Team, Operations and Engineering Services on identified repeat failures, Root Cause Analysis and Reliability issue
- Responds to overtime requests and participates in the site on-call process
- Provides input into production unit shutdown work scope and overhaul issues Supports the identification of work needing to be done in Turnaround (TA)
- Interfaces with vendors, when required by supporting trouble shooting and repair activities
- Looks for new and innovative ways to improve the maintenance process
- Provides updates as work progresses to Job owner or Lead Craft and respective MTL
- Works to solve delays and remove barriers
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements Who we're looking for?
- Must have a valid Alberta Steamfitter or Boilermaker Journeyman ticket, or be Red Seal certified
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in oil and gas facility preferred
- Experience with: operating Arial work platforms (AWPs)
- Strong interpersonal skills as this role interfaces regularly with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable using Maintenance software i.e. Microsoft suite, SAP
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be available to respond to emergencies when required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Must be able to work while wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Air (SCBA)
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers
- A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs
The Shell Scotford Complex is a short drive from Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta and consists of a bitumen upgrader, oil refinery, chemicals plant and a carbon capture and storage (CCS) facility. Scotford has both union and nonunion hourly employees. The refinery and chemical plants are unionized, and the upgrader is not unionized. It is one of North America's most efficient, modern and integrated hydrocarbon processing sites, converting oil sands bitumen into finished, marketable products. We recruit those who are interested in a career with Shell and prefer to develop and promote our people from within. The Shell Scotford site is committed to the Shell Golden Rules; Comply with the law, standards and procedures. Intervene in unsafe or non-compliant situations. Respect our neighbors. These standards are the reason Shell Scotford is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety, ethics and continues to seek out ways to further improve its work processes.
Shell offers an exceptional benefits program that includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs our also offered as part of the benefits package. Shell Scotford is a continuous learning environment that encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees in Alberta. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees. The following Networks are available to Scotford employees: InNET (Indigenous employee network), Shell Women's Network and our New Professionals Network. New Scotford employees are encouraged to utilize Shell's Buddy system which will help you settle into your new role by providing support and a friendly face that explains "how we do things around here."Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.