Skills: Chemical Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
An ideal role for a Senior Technologist with experience in supporting operational excellence from a technology point of view and enhancement of performance of utilities.
Where you fit in
Shell Singapore Pulau Bukom is a large complex refinery and petrochemicals complex, with a crude/condensate processing capacity of 500,000 bbl/d and ethylene production capacity of 1,100 kt/yr. The integrated manufacturing site has a wide range of conversion/upgrading units such as Platforming, Thermal Gasoil Unit, Hydrocracker, Catalytic Cracker, HF Alkylation, Isopropyl Alcohol, Base-oil plants, Ethylene Cracker, Benzene Extraction Unit, Butadiene plant etc. Operationally, it is organised into 7 Production Units - 4 Process Areas, 1 Utilities and General Facilities Area, 1 Oil Movements Area and 1 Marine
Bukom Refinery Production Team is organised into 7 Production Units (PUs) and supported by associated Technology, Maintenance and Engineering personnel. Together they formed the core members of the PU Delivery Team, which is led by the Production Unit Manager.
What's the role?
The Senior Technologist (Utilities) reporting to the Technology Manager, will be responsible in ensuring the technical safety and integrity of utilities and support technical safety and integrity of fired heaters - including boilers. This will also include the development/review of plant operating windows and support change management and various safety reviews (HAZOP, instrumented protective function)
The role will also help in ensuring that guidelines are adhered for boiler feed water, boiler water, fresh cooling water and other critical utilities and constantly investigate the enhancement of performance of utilities and to take the necessary steps towards achieving these goals in close cooperation with Production and Engineering
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
What we need from you
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Substantial years of experience in refining/chemical plant technology support.
- Previous assignment as project or operations support engineer is a plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of refining processes in general (Crude Units, Conversion units, etc.).
- Good knowledge in utilities, especially Boilers, Steam and Water Pre-treatment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Utilities Optimisation is a plus.
- Awareness of Energy and CO2 optimization in process units and sites.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of process control systems and theory.
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms as they apply to the processes being supported and of the materials, process controls and methods to mitigate those mechanisms.
- Ability to cooperate with Manufacturing Support Excellence as well as Shell Global Solutions, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc.) is a plus.
- The individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem-solving.
- The individual must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, computer and simulation models.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video