Baker Hughes is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Lead Technical Support Specialist for Baker Hughes' Flow, Gas & Moisture product business, you are responsible for daily support of all activities associated with the assigned job scope. This includes owning and driving to resolution all customer break / fix support activities which have been initiated by customer email, phone call, case management system and escalation from field, sales, partner and product management teams.
Sound troubleshooting, communication, and escalation practices will always be adhered to.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Lead Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Use of Technical Support tools including but not limited to phone, email, Salesforce, skype, 8x8 IP Telephony platform, TeamViewer remote access software, GE BOX
- Proactively interface between and work across all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational, and EHS challenges as applicable to any assignment
- Safe and compliant performance of all activities in line with the company's and our customer's environmental health and Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Uncompromising integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory and company rules and requirements
- Maintaining a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive, and professional approach
- Advanced troubleshooting including use of oscilloscopes, Vitality, Panaview
- Collaboration with Product teams in product development and launch activities • Defect reproduction and prioritization
- Technical Support related program ownership and organization
- Technical documentation including KB, technical support bulletins and newsletter articles
- Representing customer issues and advocating on their behalf to Product teams, • Creating effective service procedures, policies and standards,
- Representing Customer and Technical Support team's interests with specific technology tools used by the Technical Support including Salesforce, 8x8 phone system, SAP, Oracle, Teamviewer, shared file systems and databases, Warranty and concession workflow approvals
- Provides training to lower level support engineers and mentor new staff members
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of service experience in oil & gas, power, heavy equipment or automation & controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Business from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and / or extensive experience in a high-pressure technical working environment
- Demonstrated trouble shooting, problem solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work with both internal and external customers while maintaining a can-do positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain potential solutions to customers' issues in a clear and concise manner using phone, email, skype and other remote support tools
- Strong desire to further develop and share technical knowledge in self and with others
- Strong Computer skills including operating systems and standard office software
- Able to understand and use complicated electrical and mechanical drawings in a working environment
- Strong familiarity with flow, gas and moisture equipment theory, specifications and procedures
- Field proven experience in trouble shooting loop, wire, and function checks of a control system.
- Awareness of all industry related required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications
- Good presentation skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more