Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Tax Operations Analyst based in The Woodlands, Texas.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing planning, research and business advisory services regarding US Sales & Use tax technical, systems, and compliance related matters. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Baker Hughes complies with applicable sales and use tax laws with the highest integrity.
- Support Tax Manager in audit issue resolution and data gathering and development
- Reconcile sales tax returns to underlying return details, general ledgers, and systems of original entry.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Baker Hughes and its industry to identify sales tax issues and value-add services.
- Develop an in-depth functional knowledge of company buy-to-pay and invoicing systems to support the sales tax audit function.
- Create, maintain and update tax rules within transaction tax calculation systems.
- Perform sales tax research using sources such as state and local tax Statutes, Regulations, Code/Administrative Authority and reputable tax research organizations.
- Prepare written memoranda to identify, analyze, resolve, and document tax issues associated with sales tax audits and refund claims.
- Participate in the training of Baker Hughes finance, operations and sourcing personnel on sales and use tax matters.
- Assist in process improvement projects related to the transmission of sales and use tax data used within return preparation and filing.
- Assist Tax Manager in the facilitation and implementation of sales and use tax planning opportunities.
- Assist Tax Manager and Business Development Teams with merger, acquisition and divestiture reviews and integration of businesses to centralized compliance processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 2+ years of indirect tax experience in major accounting firm, law firm or multi-national company
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience using an ERP system and Tax related software
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using SAP or Oracle ERP systems preferred
- Experience using the following tax software - TR OneSource Tax Determination engine and Alteryx preferred
The Woodlands, TX