The Topside Controls Manager will provide technical and operational leadership for all projects & products relating to Topside Controls across the combined Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems Group. It will include functional leadership of Electrical/Electronic, and embedded S/W Engineers and will have full responsibility for all aspects relating to the execution of all related projects within the Group.Essential Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of multi-disciplinary engineers globally (Electronic, Electrical, and Embedded S/W).
- Development of a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team providing overall technical guidance and development of a world class product offering.
- Management across leadership (both peers and senior leaders) to ensure delivery and flawless execution of all relevant based NPI and customer specific project deliverables (EPC and Brownfield Project types).
- Interface to internal and external regional clients, building relationships and world class response / interaction.
- Determination of product roadmap (along with Product Management), lifecycle and ongoing sustainability of the product suite.
- Development of mechanisms to drive improvements to customer outcomes through the application of data science / analytics to the large volumes of data generated from our deployed products.
- Ability to drive deep understanding of product performance through development and testing.
- Collaboration with the Projects and Systems Integration Engineering teams.
- Ownership of process improvements (Agile etc.) and Say / Do metrics.
- Diligent control of Technical Change process.
- Bachelor or master's degree in engineering or a science-based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Proven Subsea experience across Production and/or Intervention Controls technology.
- Experience in leading global teams and developing talent.
- Deep understanding of Subsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning Subsea
- Deep understanding of embedded S/W languages and development processes (Agile etc.)
- Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes.
- Solid understanding of BH Digital Strategy / tools and linkage to product offering.
- Ability to champion and promote the BH Cultural Pillars.
- Experience developing world class, market leading products.
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales. Ability to travel internationally, as required, at short notice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Ability to build, create and lead remote and global teams.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities.
- Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner.
- Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more