Baker Hughes is currently seeking a Sr. Manager-Technical Product Manager based in Houston, TX.
The Technical Product Manager will be part of the Digital Technology team focusing on leadership of projects and initiatives that deliver differentiating capability for the organization. You will leverage deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution; ensure outcomes are delivered on time, within scope, budget and of required quality.
As a leader in the subject matter of project, you will collaborate with other groups and functions to provide expertise and hands on delivery for the organization to execute to our strategic goals. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Sr. Manager-Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for defining and executing projects, tracking and monitoring key metrics and ensure milestones are met on time and on budget
- Develop high-performing teams through functional and technical leadership skills. Provide coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to indirect reports within a broader team
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues and makes recommendations for improvements to existing business and digital technology processes
- Have financial responsibility and accountability for projects
- Define and implement processes for coordination and communication between organizations and with BHGE stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day execution of projects by working directly with global technical teams
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related subject (Engineering, Information Systems, Science, Business or Commerce) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 4 years of experience with agile/iterative project methodology such as Scrum
- Travel up to 15%, as required
- Work out of an office located in Houston (Aldine)
- Master's Degree in an IT related subject (Engineering, Information Systems, Science, Business or Commerce) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 4 years of experience with agile/iterative project methodology such as Scrum, preferably with experience using agile project management tools such as JIRA or Rally
- Demonstrated ability to frequently influence the organization at director level
- PMP or related Project Management certifications
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred
- Proven experience using project management methodologies to deliver business value and drive significant change across large organizations
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization and across multiple work groups
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Adaptable to changes and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with team members, vendors, and project stakeholders
- Motivates project team and inspires teamwork
- Excellent listening skills
- Works calmly under pressure and possesses the skill to defuse stress among the project team
- Establishes trust
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization.
- Proven skills to organize and lead teams (without direct reporting structure) to attain shared goals
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help lead teams to resolve issues and define solutions.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Self-starter - requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more