Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Field Engineer acts as an engineering, manufacturing, maintenance and testing liaison for hyperbaric systems, with a focus on certification requirements, documentation and verification. The Field Engineer acts as an ADTECH representative to customers during system mobilization, testing and demobilization support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with all phases of design through production to identify, document and verify compliance to the appropriate certification requirements.
- Create, utilize and maintain documentation of hyperbaric system design, fabrication, testing and maintenance in accordance with the appropriate US Government and/or commercial rules and standards
- Oversee the fabrication and compliance to the certification requirements of hyperbaric system components.
- Provide support of red-lining of drawing packages to reflect "as-Built" status of equipment.
- Augment engineering process at design reviews with field experience.
- Direct and supervise a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks, for the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of hyperbaric equipment and manned systems.
- Manage sometimes difficult and competing situational requirements and make decisions that affect profitability, safety of personnel, and mission success.
- Maintain communications: maintain good customer relations, coordinate/integrate with fellow crew members, write reports, and maintain records.
- Manage all Oceaneering and client required safety programs.
- Conduct research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information
- Stay current of US Government and commercial standards, codes, and procedures for hyperbaric systems, such as SS521-AA-MAN-010, SS800-AG-MAN-010 P-9290, ABS, IMCA and DNV.
- Using computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
- Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, and technical studies.
- Prepare, present, and submit technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Associate's degree in Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum ten years of experience in field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of advanced hyperbaric and mechanical systems.
- Five years in the direct supervision of field operations including manufacturing, operations personnel, and subcontractors.
- Five years of experience in the supervision and maintenance of hyperbaric systems including testing and troubleshooting.
- Practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of life support, hydraulic, and electrical schematics.
- Experience with preparation of progress reports, job completion estimates, and cost estimating essential.
- US Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Government Security Clearance Required - TS / SCI
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience directly related to construction, installation, testing, and maintenance of equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.