Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Technical lead for all configuration and data management of DOD as well as commercial systems; participates in web-based data applications, document, and data management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform technical/administrative lead functions associated with planning and supporting the implementation of proposed changes to system/equipment hardware and/or software configuration items.
- Provide lead technical support and guidance to all CM/DM analyst and performs quality reviews on analyst work as requested;
- Responsible for the development and/or reviews of all configuration management plans, technical documentation, specifications or planning/management and logistics data.
- Support the development or review of engineering change proposals.
- Provide technical support to customer configuration control boards
- Participate in technical reviews and functional and physical configuration audits.
- Develop inputs for contract technical packages (SOW, CDRL, Specifications).
- Perform configuration and data management of DOD systems and commercial systems.
- Assume leadership role in the development, maintenance, and management of Oceaneering standards.
- Requires appreciation of time and schedule management.
- Ensure Contract and Divisional procedural requirements are addressed.
- Assume lead role in providing process and data management training.
- Assume lead role in providing training to lower CM/DM analyst.
- BA/BS desired; may substitute experience for degree.
- Five years of experience in configuration and data management of DOD and/or commercial systems;
- Web-based data application and data management.
- Time and schedule management required.
- 2 years as administrator for Enterprise Product Data Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge through successful performance of the next lower position.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of the principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and understanding of related engineering fields.
- Microsoft Office formal courses and ANSI/EIA 649.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Desired degrees etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.