MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assist pigging operations as needed along with proper documentation and procedures
- Estimate and/ or calculate flow rates and total volumes
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities
- Manage inventory at assigned sites regarding: Glycol, Methanol, NGLâ€™s, Produced Water
- Monitor pipeline conditions and recognizes flow restrictions in gas systems and take appropriate actions
- Obtain data from electronic flow measurement (EFM) devices
- Participates in preparation of field operating procedures and the training of co-workers in a safe and efficient operation practices
- Perform minor repairs and assist with major repairs on compression and related equipment
- Perform pipeline locates and monitor work of contractors and pipeline companies working around company pipelines and right-of-ways
- Perform routine and emergency startup/shutdown of all field equipment
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required
- Responsible for pipeline maintenance and monitoring including protection, corrosion monitoring, pipeline pigging, pressure maintenance, loss gas, line repairs, etc.
- Responsible for starting and stopping of all station equipment, Dehydration operations and maintenance, and Maximize field compression efficiently
- Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM functions and activities.
- Testing for O2 and H2S levels in gas streams
- This person will have basic understanding of PLCâ€™s and their functions, flow and temperatures and BTEX units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Execute all maintenance activities related to plant maintenance and operation
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, hearing protection, footwear, FR clothing).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Associate degree in pipeline technology or equivalent experience in field operations of pipelines and equipment typically utilized in gas processing industry
- Ability to read and understand pipeline maps and alignment sheet
- Experience performing one calls â€" New Mexico and Texas areas
- Certified Polyethylene Pipe Fusing
- Pipeline Hot Tap Certification
- H2S Certified
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Certified
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.