Position Title: Engineer
Location: Lafayette, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is a major player in designing, manufacturing, and installing bespoke fender systems and docking and mooring systems, has a permanent opportunity for a Engineer to be based in Lafayette, LA. JOB SUMMARY
The Engineer will be the main source for technical support and responsible for guaranteeing quality technical designs put up forth. Directly support the engineering manager with technical development and growth of company. In addition, engineers contribute to, and uphold, quality, safety & environmental policies by exhibiting competencies of company. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Required to have extensive grasp of technical products produced and developed by company
- Interface with customers on specific requirements of the project(s)
- Coordinate project handoffs with both the sales and project management departments
- Perform audits and inspections of vendor's and customer's facilities both in the U.S. and internationally
- Manages, or contributes to, the creation of technical and commercial quotation packages
- Keeps up with and monitors pricing from vendors
- Assembles bills od materials needed to perform material take-offs based on external or internal product designs
- Perform engineering analysis of products including, but not limited to 2D and 3D modeling of components and/or assemblies finite element analysis, hydrostatic analyses and hand calculations or verify design sufficiency
- Creates technical designs, bid submittals and project submittals which are in line with project specifications
- Perform detailed engineering analysis and design for awarded project(s).
- Performs preliminary and final drawing checks before official drawings releases
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in Engineering.
- 2 Years of experience in related engineering fields is preferred
- General understanding of Engineering and/or Naval Architecture common design practices
- Proficiency with computer software in database software, internet software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software
- High organization, problems solving, and time management skills are required
- Proficiency with common 2D or 3D drafting software
- Proficiency with Finite Element analysis software is preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in designing, manufacturing, and installing bespoke fender systems and docking and mooring systems. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.