Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Embedded Software Engineer designs and implements the embedded software that is an integral part of Schlumberger measurement and control systems in close collaboration with engineers in other disciplines, and/or located in other engineering centers. Evaluates methods, technology and development tools to be used for the project. Keeps updated on software technology and specifically on technology within the embedded domain. Will with increasing experience and seniority supervise and mentor younger engineers,and participate in activities to define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as knowledge sharing activities in the local and global community.
Reports to Project Manager or Software Team Lead
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design and implement embedded software for measurement and control systems incorporating multiple processors using real time operating systems.
• Design high-speed, hard-real-time data acquisition and logging systems.
• Implement DSP algorithms.
• Gather and analyze requirements and estimations.
• Coordinate software development with other disciplines and engineering projects.
• Design testing procedures. Conduct and coordinate tests, document results and develop presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Support Manufacturing and field organizations on design and testing related issues.
• Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Conduct or participate in multidisciplinary technical reviews of projects.
• Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
• Create and maintain product documentation. Provide technical support to field and customers through InTouch.
• Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. Mentor others as required.
• Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Build informal network throughout the organization. Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products. Keep updated on software technology, particularly within the embedded domain.
• Comply with the embedded software development process.
• Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business
Previous Experience and Competencies:
BS / MS / PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience or education
Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience
• Thorough knowledge of coding & debugging methodology.
• Thorough knowledge of C++ and/or C & Assembly languages.
• Experience in using various hardware & software tools used in development & debugging; like emulator, simulator, modeling, scopes, logics analyzer, etc.
• Understanding of Microprocessor & DSP based hardware design, ability to read and understand schematics and manufacturer datasheets of components.
• Thorough understanding of programmable peripherals & serial communications.
• Experience in development of fault tolerant systems.
• Experience with development of basic DSP algorithms and implementation.
• Knowledge of Real Time Operating System, Matlab, Object Oriented Design and Embedded C/C++.
• Knowledge of HiLS (Hardware in the Loop System)
• Knowledge of Model-based Firmware development
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.