Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
About the impact of the work
- You'll be communicating with approx. 25,000 employees in the US, and 45,000 total plan members
- We're looking for someone who can take communications to the next level, moving away from traditional corporate communications to a strategy that truly engages employees and their families
- We need someone with their pulse on the latest ways of communicating and how we'll use technology to keep up and get ahead
Summary of Specific Duties
- Develop strategic communications plans for all major US benefit initiatives and ongoing programs such as:
- Annual Healthy Wage campaign
- Monthly Benefit Bytes
- Annual Value Statement release
- Annual Retirement Evaluation
- Annual Restoration Savings Plan enrollment
- Annual Fitness Fair
- Annual Enrolment for active employees
- Annual Enrollment for COBRA participants
- Year-end retiree communications
- One-time rollouts related to major plan changes, plan integrations, special initiatives and new benefit offerings
- Implement the communications plan for all programs and initiatives sponsored by the US Benefits team for existing employees, potential recruits, new hires, senior management, retirees, terminated vested employees and COBRA participants. This may mean personally performing the tasks necessary to produce project deliverables or it may entail directing and managing the work of external partners responsible for producing these materials. Examples of project deliverables include:
- Print collateral such as brochures, newsletters, enrollment guides, postcards, posters and flyers
- Flat screen monitor displays
- PowerPoint presentations
- Internal Schlumberger benefits website(s)
- External benefits websites hosted by our partners
- Manage Schlumberger's external benefit communications infrastructure to deliver the US benefit plans to all audiences. This entails management, direction and oversight of:
- Layout and print vendors (e.g. Mercer, Schiele)
- Fulfillment house suppliers (e.g. CTL, Schiele)
- Benefit provider communications teams (e.g. Cigna, MetLife, EHE, Alight, etc.)
- E-delivery systems communications teams (e.g. Mercer, Alight, etc.)
- Maintain the Schlumberger web portal for US benefits self-service delivery
- Identify and apply appropriate filtering for all portal and enrollment system content to ensure the right message goes to each target audience
- Direct and manage partner teams working on script design, layout and navigation of the iThrive enrollment pages and the 401(k) partner system at Alight
- Personally draft, test and release most portal-based content
- Advise on best-practice strategy in managing change communications related to Schlumberger benefit plans.
- Provide communications planning support for critical rollouts outside the US upon request.
- Maintain a historical record of published materials and web scripts for internal reference.
About the environment
- It is a very fast-paced environment
- You'll have a lot of responsibility and a lot of autonomy
- Be part of a nice, supportive team in a hardworking company where people are dedicated and talented.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) required in English / Journalism
- 10+ years' experience and success in the design/management of large group health and welfare plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment
- Track record of success in managing large client relationships
- Proven experience in successfully leading global team and projects
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in health and welfare plan strategy and contributing to the development of new communications and approaches
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.