Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
An exciting opportunity to join the OneSubsea team in Barrow in Furness to take on a role within the full lifecycle of product development from concept design to delivery. Working as part of a fast-paced Engineering team, the Design Engineer will take on the following tasks to Design, Develop & Qualify Subsea Electrical Connectors.
* Participate in the design process from initial concept generation to product commercialization
* Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations.
* Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentations.
* Proactively maintain schedules, deadlines, and risk registers.
* Use creative design principles to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems as and when they occur.
* Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations
* Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artefacts. Contribute to design standards.
* Provide support to other departments, working alongside Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Sales.
* Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
* Comply with all applicable company policies, including HR, Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
* Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical discipline.
* Experience in the design and development of electro-mechanical products.
* Working knowledge of basic electrical principles
* Knowledge of metallic and elastomeric materials.
* Experience of clearance and fits and tolerance analysis Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling
* Proficient user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint Excellent written and verbal communication
The following experience would also be of benefit in the role:
* Experience in the design and development of Subsea Instrumentation Electrical Connectors.
* Experience working on products for high pressure, high temperature environments
* Experience in PTC Creo / Windchill modelling environments
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.