Job Title: Project Procurement ManagerLocation: Houston, TXEmployee Type: Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs and is in need of a Project Procurement Manager to join their team in Houston, TX.
The Project Procurement Manager (PPM) is responsible for all Supply Chain activities performed during the project and he/she ensures that services, equipment and materials free-issued to fabrication yards meet the project requirements in terms of safety, cost, schedule and quality. The PPM supervises the Supply Chain (SC) team assigned to the project. He/she reports progress of the SC activities to the Project Management Team, RC Supply Chain manager and if required, to the Client representative. Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Develop the Project Procurement Strategy (PPS) during the Win Phase as part of a multidiscipline team together with Category Managers, RC SC Manager, Sourcing Manager, Vendor Manager, Operations representative and cascade this to the project SC team
- Identify the list of strategic packages and assess levels of client's expectations in terms of budget, quality and schedule
- Ensure that the PPS is integrated in the Project Business Strategy (PBS) and Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Develop Supply Chain Execution Plan (SCEP) when required
- Lead the project SC team and support them to deliver goods and services within project constraints, ensuring that the overall quality of purchased equipment and services meets project performance expectations
- Manage workload and priorities of the project SC team to ensure compliance with project milestones and liaise with SC Managers to resolve any workload/resourcing issue
- Review and provide input to the project planning to optimize SC activities in line with engineering and construction constraints
- Support the Project Buyer and Package Manager, when appropriate, to negotiate with vendors for key packages and to positively close claims to/from vendors
- Liaise with Vendor Managers in case of major vendor performance issue during PO execution of strategic vendors
- Bachelor's Degree from University or Engineering or Commercial School.
- Experienced professional with 10 years broad procurement experience in offshore or marine / petrochemical procurement and solid product knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) Intermediate to Advanced - Required
- Procurement tool powered by Navision Intermediate to Advanced - Required
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global offshore company. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani "Dot" Saiz.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.