Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Category Lead - Manpower, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Required to manage the evaluation and integration of complex customer requirements often demanding innovative solutions supporting our 24/7 operations. Focus will be creating value and delivering service excellence through applying efficient supply chain principles in helping the business achieve top quartile performance.
This position involves managing interfaces with suppliers/partners to ensure that all company objectives are achieved, including the relevant audit requirements, but more particularly, providing a value-driven service to in-house customers.
- Deliver integrated Supply Chain support in an Exploration and Production environment - across suppliers and sub-contractors related to all areas of business
- Lead on Contracts negotiating and Category management activity for Manpower projects across the Company organisation
- Carry out standalone management, facilitation of Contract improvement processes and effective control of the major Duty Holder Contracts
- Undertake responsibility for strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and evaluation, stakeholder and supplier management to ensure that company commercial standards are being adhered to and risk exposure is mitigated accordingly
- Implement effective Category Management for select areas of spend and undertake effective Contractor Performance Management Programs to position both the company and contractor for success
- Champion change associated with the consolidation and preferred management approach towards existing contracts
- Participate in the delivery of an effective supplier performance management program
- Demonstrate Customer Focus and work closely with Business
- Implement and maintain a safe production environment, abiding by and reinforcing Company's HSE&A policy
- Provide excellent service to all users balancing cost, value, expediency and efficiency
- Lean process management and re-engineering as required to maximise efficiency in the Contracts function and lead continuous operational/contractor improvement
- Effective evaluation and management of supplier risks through systematic audit procedures
- Active participation in supply chain initiatives
- Strong contract negotiation and evaluation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to articulate issues in a clear and concise manner
- High level of influencing skills
- Presents self in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the role and values of the company.
- Produces work of accurate and presentable quality in the appropriate formats
- Able to demonstrate personal effectiveness in previous roles
- Works in a collaborative manner
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Risk evaluation and management within a supply management context
- Customer focussed orientation with the ability to fully understand and respond to customer requirements.
- Modelling of costs and evaluation of SCM solutions in an Exploration and Production environment
- The ability to make effective value-driven decisions within a short timeframe
- Experience with a customer focus solution delivery, preferable in Supply Chain oil and gas
- Can demonstrate sound experience in negotiation and drafting of UKCS supply chain Agreements including working knowledge of commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- An understanding of E&P activity, particularly in relation to the UKCS where practical experience must be demonstrated
- Comprehensive understanding of the key strategic drivers relevant to upstream operations and the risks that require to be understood and mitigated against
- Manpower Category Contracts Management experience
- A degree in Supply Chain, Law or Business Management or relevant experience
- A working knowledge of Oil & Gas Supply Chain in the relevant areas of business
- Experience with effective Contractor Performance Management Programs
- Well versed in Contract structures, templates, formats with special emphasis on LOGIC
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of contracting within an ERP application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer services and Interpersonal skills
- Advanced negotiation skills