Purpose of the role:
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are an Operations Support Specialist, providing first, second or third line technical support to resolve incidents and investigate problems.
You'll also perform maintenance and housekeeping activities required to deliver services in line with agreed service levels, ensuring services are available when the business needs them.
Other typical activities include change, configuration and access management as well as moves, adds and changes. You will work closely with applications support when required to help resolve faults.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- Provides first, second or third line technical support to resolve incidents and investigate problems within BP's Retail Sites (Petrol Forecourts)
- Be the business matter expert on all IT components of the retail sites.
- To collaborate with other support partners, both internally and externally, to ensure "best in class" support is achieved to our key stakeholders
- Work closely with the Luxembourg and German business to capture, review and provide a single point of reference for IT requirements within our retail sites
- You will provide operational support within an operational unit by managing and monitoring the progress of Events, Incidents and Problems in accordance with the expected IT outcomes. You will contribute to continuous knowledge development, so that you and Ops Group team members have the expertise to resolve Events, Incidents, and Problems in accordance with service levels.
- You will engage with the BP Sustainability frameworks to continuously seek improvement in the execution of Maintenance, Change and Requests duties across the Ops Group team. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will identify and deliver opportunities that maximize operational efficiency and enhance support delivered. You will understand and comply with all role-specific HSSE, standards and policies.
- You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Operations Support and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
Safety and Compliance:
- You will collaborate with team members and other IT&S technical operations groups to troubleshoot and help to resolve major incidents, complex problems and retrospectives. In your capacity of Operational Support Analyst, you will act as a mentor and role model to other team members, enabling others to deliver successful outcomes.
- Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and compliance in everything that we do.
Experience and expertise:
- You will have a certified qualification from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, or another STEM related subject.