Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The senior project engineering position will use broad technical skills to oversee and lead special (customer or non-customer related) engineering projects. This position has the responsibility of driving the development of the fundamental design(s) specification that governs a project. This position requires the mentoring for development of engineers as well as advising for critical issues on projects. Cross functional engagement and being able to execute in a team environment is a necessity. Some traveling may be required for this position. Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with integrated teams to help develop global solutions to the entire product line that Oceaneering has to offer in Panama City.
- Coordinates the effective utilization of engineering procedures, methods, design reviews, reporting, documentation and archiving of data required.
- Mentors and instructs engineers and designers to create efficient and complete design packages through the use of a structured design approach.
- Provides high level expertise in specific areas to multiple projects.
- Perform project engineering work on active projects as required.
- Determine design verification and validation requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as project management, process engineering, testing/termination, and other sites of Oceaneering.
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Aftermarket customer support including specialist/trouble-shooting support.
- Support manufacturing/testing functions for questions, comments, concerns, or non-conformances when required.
- BS degree in Engineering or related. Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years engineering experience including:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Experience in the use of Mathcad or other engineering calculation programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Autocad, and Solidworks.
- TWIC or the ability to receive a TWIC in order to obtain access to the Port of Panama City.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Active Professional Engineering License.
- Experience in Process Improvement and Product Development.
- MS Degree in Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering.
- Subsea product manufacturing experience (Umbilicals, EFL's, HFL's, SDU's, Subsea Trees, Manifolds etc.).
- Experience with large scale and complex subsea projects for major exploration companies.
- Experience leading project engineering teams.
- Significant client interface experience.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.