This project leadership role will support the Artificial Lift Engineering Program Management Organization. The purpose for the role is to drive coordination, execution and communication across Artificial lift new product development program. The Engineering Program Manager is responsible for interfacing with the project consortium, product line managers and supply chain, to ensure successful completion of project activities on-time and on-budget.Essential Responsibilities:
- Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Artificial Lift organization.
- Own the execution of assigned NPI programs in Packaged Products Line of Business. Be responsible for delivering all projects to commitments for on-schedule, on-cost, on-budget and on-quality.
- Meticulous planning, executing to the plan by rigorous tracking to meet all key milestone dates.
- Accurate status reporting of metrics like Phase Gate compliance, Cycle Time, Quality data, etc. Effective management of all stakeholders.
- Provide accurate and timely project status information, milestones and metrics to key stakeholders. Manage project team and facilitate communications within team to meet program objectives.
- Deploy and leverage Program & Portfolio Management Tools. Directing and developing the establishment & execution of detailed plans to ensure risk mitigation and opportunities realization.
- Understand NPI mandatory & non-mandatory deliverables, process in-detail, and drive all NPI programs as per NPI Process.
- Lead, manage, and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams effectively to meet program objective.
- Establishes professional relationships with global program managers and functional leadership to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering or other technical field, Master's Degree would be an advantage
- 5-8+ years of experience in a New Product Introduction (NPI) environment
- 5 years of experience in a Program Management role, with demonstrated success at leading large projects from concept/definition through planning and execution, and to launch
- Strong understanding of systems engineering and reliability processes. Familiarity with supply chain management
- Demonstrated experience in New Product Introduction in Oil & Gas industry would be an added advantage.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred • MBA would be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of financial aspects of Program Management and delivery of financial results to the business.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success in leading cross functional global teams to drive program delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex supply chains in cohesive manner to deliver programs to commitments.
- Passionate about delivering business results with flawless execution of NPI projects • Own, and relentlessly drive, project execution to deliver revenue and margin growth to business
- Must have pervasive sense of urgency to accelerate program execution to improve time-to-revenue
- High energy individual with bias for action to enable removal of any roadblocks to program delivery
- Strong cross functional team management skills to drive accountability and results from team
- Ability to understand programs from a business and financial perspective, identify and early escalation of risks at the right time
- Ability to quickly assess unclear, complex, and ambiguous situations and reduce to distinct, clear, timely, and stable direction for the development team
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in basic Program Management areas like Cost, Time, Risk and Integration Management
- Expert in usage of Microsoft Project/any other scheduling tools
- Experience with executing programs using Stage Gated NPI Process is essential Experience with running projects based on Agile methodologies is preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the organization
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more