Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
As a System Engineer you will apply advanced technical knowledge to the design, production and implementation of OCEANEERING AGV systems. The System Engineer provides technical leadership and oversight for large and/or complex projects under the direction of a Project Manager. The System Engineer assists the Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The System Engineer guides the overall technical approach and provides direction for all other engineering disciplines throughout the project from initial concept to successful installation. Ultimately the System engineer is responsible for ensuring the correct technical solution is developed to meet the customers' stated needs within project schedule and budget. Given that we have global customers, travel to customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations is required.
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops detailed specifications based on initial Customer requirements.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, designers and subcontractors.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group during the conceptual phase of system development.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Give support to Sales in generating concepts and technical solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the System Coordinator within the PM dept.
- Technical Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- As a minimum; Engineering experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integrations environment.
- Knowledge of, and experience with implementation of the Systems Engineering Process, including System decomposition and requirements definition, System Validation plans, System Verification plans, Sub-system Verification plans, Unit/Device Test plans, Final Acceptance Tests
- Excellent written and oral communications in English are essential.
- Written and oral communications in German is a significant advantage
- Written and oral communications in Dutch would be helpful
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge and experience with a Systems Engineering requirements management tool (such as Doors) is desirable
- Customer/client focused attitude, an ability to interact with customers/clients and to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.