Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To carry out a range of Radiography inspection techniques on components and pipework in order to establish acceptability to specification
- Carry out the most effective Radiography techniques to components requiring inspection.
- Utilise Rope Access capabilities when required working at height for long periods of time.
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out rope access & radiography activities and that barriers are erected at the minimum safe distance, with no non classified workers within the patrolled barriers at all times.
- Ensure all personnel within the team are wearing a relevant TLD within a holder, along with a lanyard around their neck to ensure it is visible.
- Ensure the correct signage is placed around the barriers, and are visible.
- Ensure radiation assistants are patrolling barriers to prevent non-classified personnel do not enter.
- Ensure Area Authority has performed barrier inspection to confirm barrier is compliant with site requirements.
- Ensure patrol room sound tannoys to notify non-classified personnel radiography is commencing.
- Ensure function tests are performed according to the procedure on all radiography equipment and any faulty equipment is detailed back to the supervisor. For example weekly container and wind-out checks.
- Ensure daily accountancy register is completed for each day the radioactive container is stored on the platform.
- Ensure the daily movement records are updated each time the radioactive container is removed from the storage bunker.
- Pre/Post checklists must be performed for each shift detailing all the required information, and a detailed barrier plan along with readings must be supplied.
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification.
- When performing profile radiography ensure that a minimum of two exposures at 90 degrees are applied. Detail any limitations in reports with photographic evidence.
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used in and results of the inspection and all finding noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.Ensure any areas of high density are communicated to supervision.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires.
- Complete consignor certificate for any radioactive containers being returned back to the office.
- Prior to packing any returned equipment check labelling is accurate, container is locked, and all equipment has been verified
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Ensure that the correct rope access equipment is utilisedand that harness is worn at all times.
- Perform rope access inspection safely in harsh environments ensuring that regular breaks are taken.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- If the Radiographer is an appointed RPS it is their responsible for the safety of their team, and all that are working around the vicinity of the barrier. It is their duty to ensure barriers are erected correctly at a safe distance.
- This person will report to the NDT Project Manager
- Performance will be measured by the NDT Project Manager and dotted line manager - Snr Operations Manager.
- ASNT/PCN L2 or CSWIP Visual Inspection
- Valid Passport
- ASNT/PCN Level 2 RADIOGRAPHER
- ASNT/PCN RPS
- IRATA L1 (minimum)
- Offshore Survival / Offshore Medical / M.I.S.T / Cat A E.B.S / Bi-Deltoid Measurement / Eye Test
- GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- ASNT/PCN L2 in MPI and / or DPI
- Valid Full UK driving license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
In order to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 1 years experience in the relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry. Good working and understanding of Microsoft packages i.e. Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Enovia, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.