Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling and delivering subsystems or entire vehicles according to plan on the basis of drawings and / or sketches in accordance with the Oceaneering approach to quality guidelines. This can be a few pieces, but it is also possible to build in series. The machines are then tested. You work closely with the Engineering department. You are also responsible for carrying out modifications to existing parts and products in consultation with the Project Manager, the System Engineer and your supervisor. In addition, you ensure that these modifications and other changes are recorded during the production process and you communicate this to the department.
- Will work closely with the engineering department.
- Responsible for carrying out modifications to existing parts and products in consultation with the Project Manager, System Engineer and supervisor.
- Responsible for capturing modifications and other changes during the production process and to communicate those to the Engineering department so the drawings can be amended to 'as built'.
- Able to work under stressful and demanding conditions in order to meet obligations and must always operate in a safe efficient manner
- Willing to work were needed on a assortment of different assignment, utilize good work ethic and be willing to work overtime as required.
- Interact with customers, managers, other technicians, as well as associates from other departments and must have the ability to work in a team oriented environment, have a professional demeanor and be respectful to others.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Software Engineering Manager
- MBO education level 3 or 4 (Mechatronics or related)
- Written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch
- Experience of direct hands-on experience in the areas of assembling mechanical production including experience using equipment significantly similar to that produced/operated by Oceaneering
- Ability to read drawing (E-plan schemes)
- Understand mechanical fundamentals
- Work according to procedures
- Customer and service oriented
- Relevant work experience with industrial projects
- Pragmatic and flexible
- BE able to work in a team
- VCA diploma and forklift certificate are an advantage
- Ambition to grow and willingness to develop
- Written and oral communication skills in German
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.