The successful candidate for the Electrical Technician role will be a member of the Maintenance Team at the production sites and is responsible for the maintenance and management of all control and safety instrumentation systems at location.
- Responsible for safe maintenance of all of the facility's electrical equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance Team Lead is advised when any Safety Critical Equipment has failed to meet its performance standard.
- The Electrical Technician is part of the site operations team and is responsible for maintenance and reliability of the facility and the high and low voltage electrical equipment
- Optimizes operational activities by critically evaluating maintenance practices in association with Maintenance Team Lead
- Completes routine maintenance, inspections, fault diagnosis and corrective maintenance of electrical equipment including switchgear, 208AC and 480AC electrical systems, 12KV switchgear.
- Initiates changes to Preventive Maintenance routines as required to ensure a more effective and efficient Maintenance strategy.
- Initiates changes to procedures, hardware and software to achieve better reliability of electrical equipment.
- Seeks out gaps in maintenance and reliability activities and processes with the responsibility for influencing, and delivering maintenance and reliability improvement.
- Provides detailed maintenance data, equipment history and trends to aid in Root Cause Analysis of all unplanned production outages, equipment failures and ensures measures to avoid repeats are implemented.
Processes and systems
- Responsible to the Maintenance Team Lead for all reportable occurrences and maintenance difficulties, which could affect the safe and continuous production of hydrocarbons from the facility
- Ensures Work Management System contains comprehensive and accurate maintenance and historical data by continual review and audit of completed work orders.
- Ensures compliance with maintenance plans.
- Prioritizes, and measures unplanned work scopes.
- Schedules interventions to improve performance over weekly, monthly and annual cycles.
People and Organization
- Manages maintenance resources effectively to optimize maintenance and equipment reliability for electrical equipment.
- Promotes performance mind set within teams to focus behaviours on safe working and optimising production levels against key targets under the direction of the Maintenance Team Lead
- Manages and supervises the performance of electrical maintenance contractors
- Contributes to identification of technical and asset integrity risk and recommends required resources.
- Recognized as an authority for maintenance of electrical equipment at the production sites
- Identifies technical risks and the required arrangements to mitigate these risks.
As one of the world's leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Trinidad for a century. Our business activities in Trinidad include exploration and development activities, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and providing high technical support to a state company.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Requirements
- A technician diploma qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of relevant industry/legislation experience in Maintenance related areas.
- Conversant with maintenance procedures and management documentation, including block diagrams, electrical diagrams, electrical schematics, PFD's, P&ID's, Data Sheets, Cause and Effect charts and Computer Maintenance Management Systems.
- Conversant with national and international codes and standards applicable to the design, construction, and operation of process plant.
- Competent in the application of process isolations and adherence to Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant (SIRP).
- Adept at working in a production and maintenance team structure with a strong experience in electrical equipment, preferably in the Oil and Gas (Upstream) or Petrochemical (Downstream) business.
- Preferably a good understanding of cost control and cost management, as well as a proven track record of demostrating success at delivering against maintenance plans.
- Willingness to implement new ways of working that improve equipment availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Proven capability in performing maintenance activities in either oil and gas or chemical industry.
- Proven capability in using tools and test equipment for the relevant discipline.
- Proven capability in measuring, reporting and analyzing data to deliver performance and maintenance improvements.
- Proven skills in problem solving in relation to electrical equipment faults and maintenance issues.