Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Accountable for the quality and delivery of domestic and cross border tax advice within Argentina. This role has a primary focus on Direct Tax, but is expected to support Indirect Tax activities across Shell as priorities demand. Accountability includes delivery of Filing and Reporting of Direct tax work within Argentina.
The principal accountabilities of this role are as follows:
- Provide tax advice on cross border transactions envolving Argentina.
- Monitor and provide analysis of new legislation related to Taxes within Argentina.-
- Coordinate quarterly Income Tax provisioning, reporting and analysis of all businesses and corporate centre in Argentina.
- Calculation of deferred tax accounting & effective tax rate and control direct tax accounting aspects with the Shared Service Center and Finance staff.
- Support and provide timely preparation, review and signing of corporate tax returns with appropriate controls in place.
- Attend tax inspections related to Shell entities in Argentina.
- Act as a centre of expertise for tax accounting and compliance matters in Argentina.
- Give support on Indirect Tax and Employment Tax projects and planning activities.-
- Maintain continuous professional development.
- Public accountant or a similar Degree, with post graduate specialization in Tax.
- Minimum of 8 years in a professional firm and/or a multinational company.
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Argentina Country Tax Manager, and requiring strong technical skills in Argentina Tax.
- Able to demonstrate imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.-
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.-
- Advance level of English. It is crucial that the applicant has ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing on business and tax matters, because this role involves communication with Finance and Tax people in many other countries, mostly non Spanish speakers.