The Maintenance Technician is responsible for operation, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment. This position is a key in ensuring that facilities are operating safely and with maximum reliability. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Performs routine startup/shutdown of field equipment, such as pumps, engines, compressors, heaters, etc.
- Recognize equipment malfunctions and perform maintenance as needed.
- Diagnose, repair and perform routine maintenance on rotating equipment.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance and repairs on facility-specific equipment.
- Repair, install, modify and service all plant equipment.
- Direct and Monitor work of contractors.
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Other duties to be performed as assigned by Targaâ€™s management.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- In depth working knowledge/operation of engines, compressors, glycol units.
- Must be proficient in the use of tools including; hydraulic torque.wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators and micrometers.
- Basic knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in outdoor and indoor working conditions (may include some weekend, night time and/or inclement weather).
Valid driverâ€™s license and safe driving record.
- Completion of advanced mechanical training or certificates, or equivalent work experience (2+ years).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three plus yearsâ€™ experience in maintenance of natural gas stationary engines and compressors.
- Good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment /process failures.
- Process Safety Management knowledge.
- Enhanced computer skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.