Skills: Business Analyst, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Subcontract Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of Subcontract Management to include: pre-proposal, proposal, execution, and closeout activities. Will also be responsible for evaluating Subcontractor Request for Proposals, negotiating subcontracts, identifying potential business risks, executing subcontract modifications and change management, and negotiating Terms and Conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assimilate with the organization to include building strong relationships with functional peers, program managers, Subcontractors, and other internal customers
- Assist program teams in developing effective subcontractor strategies to include: development of clear/concise proposals requirements, statements of work, understanding subcontractor forecasted dollars and hours; and flowing down appropriate terms and conditions
- Establish and lead proposal evaluation teams
- Lead audits related to subcontract activity to include CPSR
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of Subcontracts and support program teams in mitigation of risk
- Create and maintain government compliant files
- Provide guidance and collaborate with other functional areas to ensure effective team execution
- Manage multiple priorities with several internal program teams
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Work independently with little oversite required
- Understand requirements of prime SOW
- BS or BA required
- 10+ years of experience in Government Subcontracts with 1-3 years of Prime Contract experience to include Department of the Navy
- Experience leading subcontract proposals
- Experience in administering various types of Contracts (CPFF/CPIF/CPAF/FFP/T&M, single award and multi-award IDIQs)
- Demonstrated expertise with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFAR procurements
- CPSR audit experience
- Direct experience with Proprietary Information Exchange Agreements and Teaming Agreements
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to foster strong customer relations, attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Be flexible
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- Active TS/SCI with recent experience working on related programs
- Master's Degree
- Experience with DoD and other federal agencies
- Commercial Subcontracts experience
- Large DoD Company experience
- Team lead/Management of others
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.