Skills: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Whiting, Indiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Strong Instrumentation Skills
- Organizational skills to manage multiple SIS projects
- Knowledgeable in SIS design and maintenance
- Perform SIS verifications per ISA 84 requirements
- Perform SIS commissioning and de-commissioning
- Knowledgeable on S84 and IEC 61508/61511 SIS standards
- Participate in Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and subsequent SIL Target Selection
- Develop safety requirements specification (SRS) and cause and effect matrixes
- Perform SIS Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and SIS validation
- Analyze SIS events and component failures
- Knowledgeable in SIS documentation
- Knowledgeable in SIS lifecycle requirements
- Ability to trouble shoot SIS systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of instrumentation reliability experience
- Strong PC skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Ability to work well with a wide range of disciplines and management, external partners, regulators and contractors.
- Self-motivated, accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- Good planning, communication skills and team work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks & responsibilities.
- 2 to 5 years of SIS experience both in the design, installation, testing and plant operation
- A strong control system or PLC background
- Experienced with Safety Instrumented Function SIF
- Knowledgeable on designing and configuring DeltaV SIS, HIMA and Triconex safety systems.
- Knowledgeable in Emerson AMS
- TUV or CFSE certifications
The SIS Engineer will assist in the design, construction, testing and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) at the refinery. The position is an individual contributor, with no direct reports. The SIS Engineer will report to the SIS/OTS team lead in the Automation Group. The SIS Engineer will work with plant operations, plant maintenance and engineering contractors to ensure the design, construction, testing and operation of plant SIS meets BP, ISA 84.01 and IEC61508/ 61511 standards.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement