The Material & Process Engineer will support the Turbomachinery programs and activities in innovation organisation, for process development, characterisation and qualification.Essential Responsibilities:
- Characterising materials and technically support the special process qualifications for material processes and heat treatments.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Design Engineering teams to qualify and industrialise turbomachinery components.
- Work closely with the Design Engineering team to provide anti-corrosion as well as anti-oxidation solutions by properly selecting coatings/paintings system, leveraging on the knowledge of the fundamental chemical mechanisms governing the behavior of materials in corrosive environments.
- Define and lead characterisation activities, implement and manage systems to analyse data in collaboration with customers, external resources (laboratories, universities and suppliers) and internal TPS Personnel.
- Process qualifications in internal and external coating shops;
- Management of coatings/paintings characterisation activities;
- Understanding of chemical interaction of materials and environments involved in turbomachinery applications (from up-stream to down-stream);
- Creation/review of recommendations on coatings/paintings selection and practices for corrosion minimization;
- Support additive manufacturing activities related to component process design and qualifications.
- Material engineering degree or related technical orientation;
- Relevant experience on coatings/painting activities;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Turbomachinery Industry;
- Self-starter; work with pro-activity;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Flexibility to work across the full range of the Company products within their discipline;
- Technical expertise in chemical and corrosion science;
- Basic Knowledge of the material properties (metallic and non-metallic);
- Knowledge of design fundamentals to be applied to the selection of the materials/coatings/paintings;
- Experience in coating production processes;
- Exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct and responsibility for fully understanding and complying with company policies;
- Use of CAD software (i.e. Unigraphics);
- EU Work Permit
- Self-motivated and self-learner;
- Flexible, self-starter, team-player;
- Proven ability to execute multiple jobs simultaneously, interdisciplinary and boundary less approach;
- Knowledge of main petroleum and chemical standard references, including NACE standards and related test methods;
- Additive manufacturing process experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Capability to prepare work plan and supervise lab analysis relating to materials;
- Familiarity in Design of Experiment approach;
- Six Sigma, DFSS and RCA
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more