Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mobile, Alabama, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Plant Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 7x7 with a work terminal out of the Mobile Bay, AL area being home every night or be able to make own housing accommodations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Monitors and cares for the process equipment to ensure plant runs safely, reliably, and in support of all goals. Conducts routine rounds including visual checks and equipment switching and monitoring (vibration, temperature, etc.). Captures equipment reliability data.
- Coordinates various craft and production support activities for proper safety interface and prepares equipment for maintenance (e.g., LO/TO) and returns it to service.
- Communicates process status, equipment availability and reliability issues with other personnel and shift relief.
- Collects and analyses samples and other process data. Monitors process variables, flow line-ups, and makes needed adjustments.
- Performs maintenance within the safe limits and capabilities of the operator.
- Issues, maintains, and enforces Safe Work Permits (confined space, hot work, etc.) and actively participates in plant safety processes.
- Detects and responds to process upsets and emergency situations with response activities including firefighting, equipment isolation, and evacuation. Participates on emergency response team and trains in advanced firefighting.
- Proactively maintains, reinforces, and extends job skills through training and application of training. Shares knowledge and experience to support plant initiatives. Provides training for other operators and appropriate personnel. Provides input into training materials and procedures.
- Participate in the training program. A key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Minimum of 1 year operator experience in the oil or petrochemical industry, or similar industry.
Preferred: 3-8 years' operator experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.