Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OneSubsea has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical CAD Designer to join the team in Aberdeen. You will be involved in the full lifecycle of product development from concept design to delivery at all levels. Working as part of a fast-paced engineering team, the Designer will develop Subsea Life of field equipment, utilising Autodesk Inventor, Autocad and SAP, our Enterprise Resource Planning system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and maintain engineering / sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation.
- Prepare and maintain pressure containing spools and blocks, as well as mechanical / structural fabrications and assemblies.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs.
- Create technical models, assemblies, drawings and BOMs in 2D Autocad and 3D Inventor.
- Create piping and instrumentation diagrams in 2D Autocad.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all applicable company policies, including Quality Systems, Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- An HNC / HND in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical preferred).
- Formal training / experience in creating technical engineering 3D models.
- Formal training / experience in creating technical engineering drawings.
- Formal training / experience in using Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Experience of SAP / ERP systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word.
- An understanding of American standards and symbols, including welding, dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge in design, manufacture and assembly.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to contribute independently as well as part of a team.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Subsea production systems.
- Experience in the design and development of retrievable Subsea equipment and/or chokes.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.