Position Title: EIC Engineer
To lead the Electrical/ Instrument function for the site through collaboration between the Strategic Engineering specialist resources and the operations teams. Institute effective reliability and process safety improvement agendas for all critical E/I assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and/or lead the commitment to the pursuit of achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations
- Supports BEx initiatives and ensures participation from all areas of responsibility
- Daily Support to Operations
- Small MOC's, FI or Capex projects
- Participates in PHA's
- Receives close direction from Senior Engineer
- Ensuring that all electrical assets at the Plant have effective Reliability and Capability Life Plans and maintenance strategies
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners to ensure that preventive & predictive maintenance work orders in SAP PM are aligned with equipment maintenance strategies
- Complete equipment failure investigations using root cause analysis techniques
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history and failure history
- Assure compliance to relevant external statutory regulation and internal plant and engineering standards and communicating such requirements to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure application of Company Management of Change policies and standards
- Implementation and Auditing of Standards and Guidelines in collaboration with Principal Engineers and Operations Personnel
- Undertaking and organizing technical investigations, inspections, studies and surveys, and analysing all historical data, to determine static plant equipment risk and criticality
- Continuous update and electrical items in the operational risk registers. Implement effective controls and improvement actions (elimination/reduction)
- Collaboration with Operations, Turnaround and Project functions in effective identification & scoping of requirements. Execution of technical R&I role during turnarounds
- Support tactical response to address equipment deficiencies in an effective & timely manner during turnarounds
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4-10+ years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petro-chemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment.
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Excellence models, systems and processes relating to asset capability and reliability.
- Familiarity with Turnaround management systems.
- SAP PM or equivalent
- Experienced in risk identification, analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in optimising reliability e.g. reducing failure rates, increasing uptime, etc.
- Strong understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy development.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis of failure data.
- Competent in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.