At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Process Quality Engineer will work with Quality leader of the Qatar Service Center to make sure all BH standards and Organizational need are met. He / She will also be responsible to making sure that engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. An important part of the job involves designing the company's quality standards and testing processes against those BH standard criteria.Essential Responsibilities:
- PQE leads and manage the technical assessment of the capability of repair sources, supported by RE, ME, and MMT (in case of Special Process involved)
- Responsible for driving improved quality controls to eliminate escaping defects.
- Creating, refining, educating, and implementing standard work and process adherence throughout the work force
- Investigating improvement opportunities and initiating critical manufacturing process improvement projects
- Seek risks and opportunities by utilizing process reviews and improvements, root cause analysis, corrective actions, statistical process controls, risks and opportunity registries, quality plans and overall onsite quality communications.
- Assists with internal and external quality issues.
- Evaluate and determine disposition of nonconforming materials and work towards corrective actions.
- Conduct NCA/RCA investigations and implement improvement initiatives for defects.
- Ensure synergy of quality initiatives and train teams on internal quality control processes and customer expectations.
- Develop and implement quality metrics to drive improvements and business results.
- Oversee and process supplier complaints non-conformity issues (NCR).
- Support QL for QMS processes are established, implemented and maintained by review of internal audits, discussions with process owners or review of the processes.
- Support QL on Train all company personnel in the documented company policies and ensure that people are aware of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Ensure the stock room is compliance with HSE requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum eight to ten years of experience in a PQE
- 5+ year of relevant experience in a Services industry
- Knowledge of the principles of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma (an asset)
- Ability to maintain partnership relation with internal and external collaborators
- Strong teamwork skills, leadership and strong priority management capacity
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Significant knowledge or experience with special processes (welding, brazing, coating, etc)
- Flexible working hours
- Strong computer and systems skills including Microsoft office and PowerPoint