Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Moscow, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
BP Russia has a 19.75% shareholding in Rosneft and is also investing in several Joint Ventures in Russia with our partner Rosneft. These include the Taas-Yuryakh JV, Yermak JV and Kharampur JV. These JV's cover activities from developing and producing giant onshore oil and gas fields to exploring for new accumulations in Areas of Mutual Interest (AMI's) in East and West Siberia. Current activity plan includes 1 well in 2020 and 2+ wells in 2021.
The Exploration team in Moscow and Sunbury is responsible for evaluating new business development opportunities, oversight & influencing of the Exploration Joint Ventures and technical studies and assurance for the shareholder team.
This position is a key role within the BP Russia Exploration Team based in Moscow. The individual will support technical activities for BP's current three Exploration areas, working closely with the BP-Rosneft joint ventures that holds the licences, mainly Yermak Neftegaz. The role will report to the Russia Exploration Manager and will be based in the BP Moscow office.
Relocation package for this position is not available.
- Interpret and integrate geological and geophysical to develop exploration opportunities in West and East Siberia Exploration AMI's.
- Responsible for development and update of the Prospect Inventory, integration with field analogues, development studies and commercial modelling
- Provide and present technical work and results to peers, management and external partners, and provide documentation as part of the Exploration Common Process, for the Function and/or Technical Assurance, including prospect descriptions and volumetrics (TAM), and post well documentation (DSP).
- Provide day to day operational support for ongoing well and seismic operations
- Responsible for providing interim assessments of potential auction blocks that are marketed.
- Supports the wider Moscow-based team (including Reservoir Development) in evaluating other business development opportunities in Russia.
- Contribute to wider BP networks.
- BSc / MSc degree in Geoscience
Essential experience and requirements:
- Fluent in Russian and at a minimum upper-intermediate fluent level of English
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience and a track record of technical excellence
- Deep understanding of petroleum geology fundamentals
- Prospect to basin scale interpretation experience
- Experience of exploring non-marine and marginal marine clastic systems, ideally in Russia
- Strong working knowledge of Petrel (or similar) Interpretation software
- Experience in using both Western and Russia style well logs
- Good presentation skills and experience with writing of technical reports Self-starting with "bias for action"
- Experience with land based well and seismic operations