The Expert Technologist is to provide technical expertise to the Country Leadership Teams (CLTs), to help plan their future technology requirements, deploy new technology, support product launches, support existing technology and generation of new business. The incumbent is expected to advise on the technical accuracy, integrity and approval of external communications.
The focus of this role is to support the Thailand CLT but the role holder will also be expected to support other team members within the hub on specific product knowledge as determined by skills or as assigned by the Manager of the Hub.Key Accountabilities
- Source relevant and up to date information on current and future products, applications, specifications and related technologies to develop and prioritise the technology roadmap, opportunities and technical activities for the CLT.
- Operate as a subject matter expert with other experts and technologists to; deliver proof of performance testing, deploy products, train the trainer for product launches, support existing technology, customers and new business.
- Provide expert advice in: customer technical support including product recommendation; resolution of application / performance problems; counterfeits; managing quality incidents; product waivers; material substitution; specifications; applications.
- Advise and check the technical accuracy, integrity and approval of external communications, materials used at media events, customer events, product introduction, data sheets and labels.
- Provide input to the development of technical training materials, deliver technical training to the CLTs, coach and mentor less experienced technologists, and share technical knowledge to develop people's capabilities.
- Present technical material at customer events and at external technical seminars/conferences, drive technical advocacy.
- Depending on location role holder may be required to interact with local OEMs maintaining information flow between them and BP, and represent BP at trade associations/Industry bodies ensuring BP's Global interests are addressed and that information is fed back into relevant teams within the BP organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in areas of accountability assigned by the Manager of the Hub
- Support Manager of the Hub to deliver the technical strategy, and represent the CLTs technology requirements by ensuring these are fed back to Product Development and into the OD&I planning process.
Experience & Expertise
- Degree or equivalent in a technical subject
- Preferable 10 years' experience in a technical role, with advanced technical knowledge of own discipline/accountabilities
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills
- Strong commercial skills and business credibility
- Proficient at networking, motivating and leading across different functions