Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a dynamic high profile group, due to growth of the master limited partnership (MLP). Enjoy a team environment where learning and growth are fostered by new challenges each reporting cycle.
- Provide support and coaching to other team members on SEC reporting issues.
- Identification & delivery of process/system improvements, ensuring efficient reporting.
- Interface with all levels of management and external stakeholders in terms of key milestones and objectives.
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the SOX controls within areas of responsibility.
- Drive operational excellence by delivering/tracking meaningful targets through dashboards or other means to ensure reporting timelines are achieved.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of SAP or equivalent ERP, the various GL accounts, and how they consolidate into the financial statement line-items.
- Comply with Process and Global Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual SEC filings including preparation of all financial statements, related disclosures, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in preparation and review of schedules included in registration statements, earnings releases and other SEC filings.
- Review and approve all topside adjusting journal entries necessary for a fair presentation of the consolidated financial statements. Troubleshoot necessary items to ensure completeness and accuracy of financials.
- Support the completion and documentation of various SOX controls related to the financial reporting process.
- Work with other financial and accounting groups as well as external auditors to address reporting matters and efficiently manage the quarterly reporting and annual audit process.
- Prepare the recast financial statements related to dropdowns
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Significant experience in financial accounting and reporting roles with progressive responsibility.
- Experience with financial reporting SEC Reporting and an extensive understanding of US GAAP Accounting Standards required.
- Certified Public Accountant required.
- Experience within or knowledge of the midstream oil and gas industry, preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving experience, ability to identify accounting and reporting issues, analyze accounting implication, develop resolution, and document conclusions.
- Proven organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Experience with financial reporting software (SAP and Workiva or equivalent), preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video