Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Position: HR Advisor
Client: Oil & Gas Service Company
Basis: Staff with competitive salary/benefits
Our client has a current requirement for an established HR advisor to join their team based in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
The role will deliver effective day to day support in all areas of the employee life cycle including discipline & grievance, absence & performance management, Redundancy & TUPE along with participating in recruitment activities and succession planning.
There will also be the opportunity to lead or support HR/business projects linked to the Company's operational and strategic objectives.
The role will work within a team of high performing HR professionals providing a collaborative, value adding service across the UK business, ensuring a consistent culture of operational delivery, equality and employee engagement.
As our ideal candidate you will be an engaging and articulate communicator accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment. You will bring personal credibility and professionalism along with the ability to influence and negotiate to enable you to build strong and effective business relationships.
Practical knowledge of UK Employment Law is essential and an understanding of shift pattern working, and a Unionised environment, would be advantageous.
Candidates must possess a full driving licence to travel to other office and operational worksites.
- CIPD Qualified or working towards. Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role.
- Team worker with the ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership.
- Customer focused, motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and committed to the development and growth of the business.
- Strategic awareness and anticipates the impact of change and directs self and others accordingly.
- Adept at exercising good judgement under tight deadlines and accustomed to handing confidential and sensitive information. Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and integrity.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to network, influence and challenge people at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works collaboratively with others and act effectively as a coach and mentor.
- Strong planning and organising skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research, produce and present clearly articulated, well-structured reports.