The Plant Operations Technician will review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the technician is to work safely, apply good trouble shooting skills on mechanical and control equipment. The Targa Raptor plant is a 260 MMCFD cryogenic plant with amine treating, glycol dehydration, and gas compression served by miles of gathering system. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform safe operations of cryogenics plant, stabilizer, amine and glycol treatment systems.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Operate and maintain a 5000 bpd stabilizer unit.
- Collect data readings and monitor plant equipment.
- Install pumps, motors, and valves.
- Fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tag-out documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Utilize WonderWare and other operator interfaces.
- The Plant Operations Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM (Process Safety Management) functions and activities.
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties to be performed as assigned by Targaâ€™s management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two yearâ€™s work related experience
- A valid driver license and safe driving record.
- Ability to work twelve hour rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in outdoor and indoor conditions including inclement weather.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Ability to take call outs and work overtime when needed
- Computer experience with Excel, Word and other computer programs
- Three plus years of experience in Midstream plant operations.
- A good understanding of the utilization of horsepower and compression.
- Ability to troubleshoot and process equipment failures.
- Process Safety Management knowledge.
- Warehouse knowledge and mechanical aptitude.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.