Richmond, Texas, United States
Richmond, Texas, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Richmond, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Competentia seeks a Lab Technician for a position in Richmond, CA:
The laboratory conducts a wide variety of mechanical and wet chemical bench-scale tests to evaluate the performance of commercial and experimental lubricants, including: automotive and HD engine oils, industrial oils, gear oils, greases, and transmission fluids.
The successful candidate will join a laboratory team focused on supporting a "safety first" environment while delivering accurate, timely bench testing services to laboratory clients. Candidates must be detail oriented, have the ability to follow directions implicitly, possess laboratory skills such as microscopy, precision weighing and measuring, and have glassware handling experience. Training will be provided for specific functions associated with the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform mechanical and wet chemical bench tests to evaluate performance of lubricants. Operate test apparatus according to established specifications. Monitor operations and make necessary adjustments to control systems to ensure specification compliance.
• Record data and generate summary reports
• Troubleshoot equipment difficulties, initiate minor repairs
• Maintain parts / lab supplies inventory
• Maintain laboratory in a clean and orderly condition
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ATTRIBUTES:
• Associate degree
• 2+ years of professional lab tech experience
-Experience working with, utilizing, and installing lab instruments and equipment- mixers, lab plant piping (small scale- no more than 15 gallons)
• Excellent safe work history / strong safe work ethic
• Computer (PC) skills; experience creating spreadsheets and reports on a personal computer- experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to perform detail oriented, mistake-free work
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Excellent work attendance record
DESIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
• BS / MS degree, formal training in chemistry, biology, automotive technology, or electronics
• SharePoint experience
• Working in the lubricant or chemical industry
• Experience working in a laboratory or similar technical environment
• Experience monitoring and adjusting process control systems
• Initial assignment is 6 months, with opportunity of extension for strong performers.
• This is a safety-sensitive position and requires enrollment in a random drug and alcohol-screening program.
• Work involves handling finished lubricants, base oils, and solvents (PPE provided/required).
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lb. and be able to move a 55-gallon drum with a drum dolly.
• Work schedule is 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday). Occasional overtime / weekend work required.
Notes from Manager:
• No traveling involved
• Team of 8 employees and 2 contractors, all lab technicians
• In-Person interviews - tentatively will be scheduled the week of 12/2/2019
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.