Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for an experienced Field Specialist- Drilling Fluids to provide solutions and support to our UK North Sea Drilling Operations team.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
- Maintain fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately.
- Maintain inventory at customer well sites.
- Provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress at the rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
- Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing customers the most effective, environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimising the well-bore construction process and maximising customers' production.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal
- Compliance requirements and Culture Pillars.
- Bachelor graduated in faculty related to drilling oil and gas, chemicals or have relevant industry experience.
- Qualified and Accredited Drilling Fluids School with training and experience in measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties is essential.
- Completed basic training on drilling fluids is essential.
- Completed advanced drilling fluids training and other drilling relating courses is preferred.
- Experience of working at the well site, ideally as Lead Mud Engineer or Drilling Fluids Engineer is essential.
- Experience of working within North Sea environment is preferred.
- Must have access to National and International Travel links, air or train and be prepared to mobilise on some occasions at short notice.
- Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Fluent in professional software
- Self-starter, excellent work history
- Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality service
Aberdeen, North Sea, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more