Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Supply Chain Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Global Sourcing
DEPARTMENT: Global Supply Chain
LEVEL: Individual Contributor 3
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
We are looking for an ambitious Supply Chain Professional to further develop our Strategic procurement function. The position will be reporting to global sourcing manager and will be part of the global Supply Chain team. As a Sourcing supervisor you will have an important role in developing and implementing our Supply Chain Strategies towards optimizing the operating cost of our offshore rig fleet. The role will be based Houston, Texas and responsible for sourcing activities globally.
The position will be responsible for leading non-technical sourcing, vendor management, and contract enforcement for locally executed commodities and services contracts in accordance with Transocean strategy and requirements and in compliance with local regulations and contractual obligations
The position oversees Supply Chain Sourcing activities including Fixed Pricing Agreements, Requests for information, quotes and proposals, contract framework development and vendor management. This includes the coordination of efforts with multiple stakeholders, support, and enforcement of technical requirements for globally managed commodities defined by Category Managers.
Responsible for the Selection, management, and consolidation of the vendor base with the approval of the Manager, Global Sourcing.
The supply chain group also provides a support role to the operations and the role require effective, diligent and efficient support to the operations teams
All activities are to be accomplished using company sanctioned tools and processes to ensure transparency, auditability, consistency, and repeatability of initiatives.
Travel availability is required. ~10-20%
- Manage and support the activities related to sourcing local requirements.
- Work with local Operations and Supply Chain to proactively identify opportunities which require local execution.
- Liaise between local Operations and Supply Chain Team to ensure that activities related to global and technical commodities are communicated to supply chain field for appropriate actions.
- Develop country specific sourcing strategies for local sourcing which are sensitive to operational needs, customer requirements, regulatory issues, and market opportunities and execute strategies following the Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing policy.
- Monitor local and regional market intelligence and trends in the local vendor base.
- Support the development and execution of global initiatives in Supply Chain
- Monitor and provide updates to leadership regarding local issues and areas of potential risk.
- Challenge all costs and requirements. Provide cost-effective and value-adding alternatives wherever possible.
- Negotiate local supply contracts and FPAs in alignment with the global sourcing and category management strategies.Support and promote the effective and proper use of Supply Chain processes related to vendor selection and subscription, use of the vendor portal, sourcing and event management processes, and performance management and vendor rationalization.
- Support and promote the effective and proper use of Supply Chain processes related to vendor selection and subscription, use of the vendor portal, sourcing and event management processes, and performance management and vendor rationalization.
- Monitor ongoing market intelligence related to competition, ingress and egress of vendors, commodity price trends, and developments.
- Support the organization and development of operational guidelines for categories of spend that follow best practices.
- Identify and qualify a preferred local supply base using performance management, benchmarking, value modeling, financial, commercial and technical analysis.
- Support supplier performance and relationship management programs, including supplier management scorecards and supplier reviews to drive continuous improvement in supplier performance.
- Develop and maintain a professional network with business partners, colleagues and the supply base.
- Develop and implement SMART personal and team goals and objectives with objective performance indicators. Manage personal, team and stakeholder actions to assure that the goals are met.
- Provide leadership and mentoring within the supply chain organization.
- Participate in the forecasting and budgeting process by providing guidance based on market analysis of current and future trends in defined categories.
- Understand Global Supply Chain department's key controls to ensure the department is compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in supply chain or related field is required.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in a supply chain position
- Three (3) to six (6) years of category management or strategic sourcing experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to resolve complex commercial issues.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to find and analyze data.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of ERP and procurement systems.
- Knowledge and analysis of offshore drilling equipment benchmarking and market trend analysis.
- Fluent in English
- Negotiation: Ability negotiate and develop creative ideas to ensure the delivery of a best in class contract, maximizing value for Transocean.
- Decision Making: Ability to act independently using own judgment and initiative while keeping management informed.
- Assertiveness: Candidates must be capable of Identifying opportunities and drive improvements from long standing relationships and promoting movements to new supply sources as required.
- Progressive approach to solving complex issues: Requires innovative approach to identification of areas for targeted improvements, development of alternatives, and implementation of solutions.
- Global Perspective: Understanding of the overarching strategy and objectives of the global organization and the ability to integrate them into the local supply chain support model.
- Strong Communication Skills: Job requires strong communication and presentation skills with focus on promoting opportunities and then enforcing contract at all management levels and large groups across.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.