Skills: NDT Technician, Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This Job serves the operational side of the organization's business . NDT (Non-destructive testing) technicians evaluate the physical properties of a material without causing any damage. They will inspect and test the material to find any possible corrosion, cracks, or other imperfections which could alter its performance or integrity. Use of IRATA Rope access techniques as require
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the site supervisor/ superintendent, ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day NDT inspection job for our clients.
- Use rope access, under the close supervision of a qualified IRATA level 3, to access work areas deemed as working at height. (When required)
- NDT Technician Inspection using Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid/ Dye Penetrant and Eddy Current Techniques. (Daily Routine)
- Carry UT inspection techniques to components requiring inspection.
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out NDT activities.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Perform routine equipment / consumable function tests to ensure everything is in good working order. Any issues must be reported directly to supervision.
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used in and results of the inspection and all finding noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- PCN or CSWIP certificates are preferred to third party ASNT certificates.
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - UT - Level 2 (3.1/3.2) - Ultrasonic Testing (E)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - ET - Level 2 - Eddy Current Testing (E)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - MT - Level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing (E)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - PT - Level 2 - Dye/ Liquid Penetrant Testing (E)
- IRATA - Rope Access - Level 1 or 2 (E)
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) (P)
- Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certification, and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry.
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and Windows based programs (E)
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills. (P)
- Flexible approach and ability to generate a team approach to problem solving (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.