Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
- The Dispatch Coordinator would act as Project Coordinator during vacation and other time off periods which will require night and weekend on-call
- Multitask between multiple phone lines, Project Managers giving verbal job information, and tracking information relayed from the other PCs
- Take overflow vendor calls and record all pertinent information
- Accurately maintain the schedule board
- Assist with job setup, assignment creation, and dispatching of the assignments
- Contact technicians to determine assignment status and technician availability
- Update the PCs on the events/status of multiple assignments in various cities to answer questions pertaining to the assignment status and technician availability.
- Assist with updating and tracking the following:
- Canada/International technician information
- International Rotations
- Travel requests
- Assist with email traffic, roughly 300 per day, the majority of which are actionable
- Provide seamless handover between Coordinators from day to day
- Put together the daily technician hours report, daily activity report and weekly dropped jobs report.
- Assist Project Managers with activities such as calls, emails or researching and compiling vendor information
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills a must
- Ability to be professional with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make sound judgments and decisions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Prior dispatching experience for service companies a plus
This is a full time hourly paid position and typical hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. When the Project Coordinator is on leave, the APC will also be expected to occasionally be on call in the evening or over the weekend.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.